A Girls Guide To Vaginal Rejuvenation
Most women seek vaginal rejuvenation due to cosmetic reasons. However, issues can occur in the vaginal area that can cause pain and soreness during intimacy. Some women even experience this pain when riding a bike, horseback riding, or other high impact exercises. In this guide, we will discuss everything that surrounds vaginal rejuvenation
What Is Vaginal Rejuvenation
The muscles and tissue in the vagina, vulva, and labia area can become elongated due to the hormonal changes surrounding childbirth. Aging and fluctuation in weight can also play a role. Aesthetically changing the look of the vaginal area, but also causing a negative impact on women sexually. She may have decreased confidence, experience pain, or soreness during sex.
The term vaginal rejuvenation can blanket many different procedures. It can sometimes refer to female genital plastic surgery, rejuvenation surgery for the female genitals, cosmetic surgery for female genitals, vulvovaginal plastic surgery, as well as designer plastic surgery for the vaginal area.
Procedures include labiaplasty, clitoral hood reduction, labia majoraplasty, monsplasty, fat transfer, PRP injection, laser hair removal, skin lightening, and vaginoplasty.
- Mons – This is the rounded mound of fatty tissue that covers the pubic bone. During puberty, it becomes covered with hair.
- Labia Majora – These are the large outer lips (fleshy folds of tissue) that protect the other external genital organs. Hair will grow on the labia majora.
- Labia Minora – These small lips are inside the labia majora and surround the openings to the vagina and urethra. They are pink in color and have a rich supply of blood vessels. During intercourse, the blood vessels will become engorged with blood. This will result in the labia minora swelling and becoming sensitive to stimulation.
- Clitoral Hood – Flap of skin at the point where the inner lips meet, also called the prepuce.
- Clitoris – Located between the labia minora at the upper end. This small protrusion will become very sensitive during intimacy.
- Urethral Opening – Sits below the clitoris just before the vaginal opening.
Who Is a Candidate for Designer Surgery for the Vagina?
An ideal candidate is a woman who is in good health and has one or more of the following concerns:
- Your genital structure has become lax or stretched out.
- You experience soreness or pain while engaging in sexual activity or exercise.
- Your sexual sensation has changed since you have had children.
- The aesthetics of your genitals make you feel self-conscious.
What Issues Can Vaginal Rejuvenation Help?
- Improve the way tight clothing and swimsuits fit.
- Decrease or eliminate urinary incontinence.
- Improve vaginal dryness.
- Improve sensation during sex.
- Help improve vaginal aesthetics.
Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgical Options
Childbirth can cause the muscles and tissues in the vagina, vulva, and labia to stretch and change. Some women become very self-conscious about the way their vagina looks. So much so it affects their intimate relationships with their partners. Stretched tissue and muscles can cause soreness and pain during sex while riding a bike, horse, or other high impact exercises.
Vaginal rejuvenation can help improve the aesthetics, size, function, and decrease pain related to female genitalia. Overall, rejuvenation of the vagina can restore a woman’s confidence.
Surgical options may include:
- Vaginoplasty – Tightening of the vagina.
- Labiaplasty – Reshaping of the labia.
- Vulvaplasty – Reshaping of the vulva.
- Clitoral Hood Reduction – Remove excess tissues over the clitoris.
- Mons Pubis Reduction – Removes excess fat and skin from the mons pubis.
It will highly depend on what your goals are as to what type of rejuvenation surgery you will need. At your consultation, your doctor will discuss all of your options. Allowing you the choice to rejuvenate your vagina the way you feel most comfortable. Out of all the surgical options for vaginal rejuvenation, labiaplasty is the most popular.
What Is Labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty is a surgery that will decrease or reshape the inner skin called the labia minora, which covers the female clitoris and vaginal opening. This happens to be the most commonly performed vaginal rejuvenation procedure, as it can relieve a number of symptoms that women may be experiencing, including twisting and tugging of the labia. Women who have large labia on one or more sides may experience pain during intimacy, as well as during daily activities.
Things such as riding a bike, horseback riding, wearing tight-fitting clothing or bathing suits can become painful or embarrassing. Women may also feel discomfort because of insecurities due to the aesthetics of their labia.
The goal with this procedure is to decrease the labia minora so that it will not hang below the hair-bearing labia majora. A labiaplasty could also be performed to decrease asymmetry when one is longer than the other.
How Much Does Labiaplasty Cost?
On average, a labiaplasty can cost $8,000-$13,000 when performed by an expert, experienced plastic surgeon. This will highly depend on the surgeon, facility fees, and geographical location.
What Type Of Anesthesia Is Used For A Labiaplasty?
Typically, labiaplasty is performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia. A strong numbing cream will be applied to the area so injections in the area are barely felt, if at all.
What Is Recovery Like?
There will be swelling for up to 2 weeks after your labiaplasty procedure. You may resume light activity after a couple of days. Typically, most patients will not need to take pain medications for more than a couple of days.
Labiaplasty Procedure Methods
- Trim Method – The most common type used by most surgeons, where extra tissue is removed and sewn directly up. Dr. Sheila Nazarian only prefers this method if the edge of the labia is irregular and unaesthetic.
- Wedge Method – Maintains a natural border taking out a pie-shaped piece of tissue. Additional folds of the clitoral hood can be reduced at the same time if needed. Absorbable sutures are used to close. Dr. Nazarian utilizes this method most commonly as the scar is hidden and the patient’s natural anatomy is maintained, leading to the most natural look.
Labiaplasty risks include bleeding, hematoma, and infection. The most common complication is over-resection with the trim method. While a lot of women want an aggressive reduction, this could cause chronic dryness, scarring at or near the vaginal opening, and pain during intercourse. That is why it is so important to choose a doctor not based on price alone, but based on experience and outcomes.
Labiaplasty results in a shorter labia, which will no longer hang down below the level of the hair-bearing labia majora. Symptoms of tugging and twisting of the labia should subside after surgery. Studies show that labiaplasty provides a 90% satisfaction rate.
Diva – An Add-On To Surgery
If you are looking for internal tightening during your vaginal rejuvenation journey, then Diva may be your answer. This procedure can help improve moisture, tightness, and urinary incontinence. There is absolutely no surgery, downtime, or anesthesia involved. It’s a 3 to the 5-minute procedure.
What Is Diva?
Diva can be customized according to your needs. It uses Hybrid Fractional Laser Technology developed for Halo (a facial rejuvenation treatment). It provides independent levels of ablation and coagulation, as well as varying levels of density. This treatment is highly accurate, concise, and allows for a short treatment time. Safe and efficient, the Diva procedure is 10X shorter than other treatments that use fewer effective technologies currently available.
Who Could Benefit From Diva?
Childbirth changes a woman’s body. The muscles and tissue in the vaginal area are stretched, which can cause a woman to have a decrease in sexual satisfaction and may also cause her to experience incontinence (coughing and peeing sound familiar?). Estrogen levels may also be decreased by menopause, hysterectomy, chemotherapy, and breast-feeding. Low estrogen levels can lead to thinning, drying, and inflammation of the vaginal walls. Diva is a blessing for patients with a very high satisfaction rate.
Tell Us What You Think
Vaginal rejuvenation can give you back your confidence. Age, childbirth, and hormonal changes can all affect the female anatomy. It can cause issues with your quality of life. You have options and can improve your self-confidence. Contact us today to schedule your consultation. Have you ever considered having a vaginal rejuvenation surgery? Comment below and tell us what you think!
Visit our blog and learn how to avoid bad plastic surgery.