Top Non Surgical Medical Aesthetic Trends for 2022
Non-surgical, medical aesthetic treatments are incredibly high in demand as we near the end of 2022 and progress into 2023.
The idea of instant subtle enhancements with little to no downtime has people raving about the topic.
This article will examine how the past few years have shaped contemporary trends; what provoked the substantial increase in males and females acquiring cosmetic treatments.
We will discuss the hottest non-surgical treatments of 2022, how to enhance your skincare routine with recommendations from a world-renowned, board-certified plastic surgeon as well as the question about finding a reliable practitioner.
Why are Non-Surgical Procedures so Hot this Year?
The market for non-surgical aesthetic treatments has increased by 80% within two years. Popularity for subtle enhancements to the face and body continues to escalate as we progress into a new year.
The recent pandemic gave the world’s population ample time to self-evaluate internally and externally, causing a shift in modern aesthetic trends.
Men and women of all ages are going after a natural-looking, healthy appearance that enhances their natural features.
This growing focus on appearance defied all previous stereotypical age ranges and gender bias towards non-invasive aesthetic medicine.
Younger and older generations alike are utilizing revitalizing skin and body therapies for prevention and current enhancement.
Subtle results and minimal downtime have been driving factors in the growth of aesthetic trends.
The modern medical aesthetics industry has delivered exceptional skin and body enhancement opportunities to the everyday individual. Let’s talk about what treatments have consumers rushing to Medical Spas and Plastic Surgery units.
Dermal Fillers and Neurotoxins are minimally invasive revitalization treatments to enhance facial smoothness and symmetry. They provide a subtle enhancement to your natural features with no downtime.
Hyaluronic Acid-Based Fillers: Definition, Benefits, Popular treatments
HA fillers comprise a naturally occurring element (hyaluronic acid) that temporarily adds volume to areas with deficits while providing intense hydration to the skin. Filler treatments are entirely customizable based on your cosmetic goals.
The FDA has approved 19 brands of HA fillers, all of which have unique properties to treat multiple and distinct facial regions with results lasting up to 12 months!
Additional Benefits of HA Fillers
- An Increase in Production of Collagen and Elastin
- Instant, Natural-looking Results
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles Reduction
- Volume Restoration
- Improvement in Facial Symmetry
Popular Filler Treatments 2022
- Lip Enhancement: Typically uses injections of Juvederm or Restylane to plump, hydrate, and enhance symmetry.
- Cheek Enhancement: Injections of Juvederm or Restylane add volume to the areas around the cheekbones to create a more defined appearance.
- Non-Surgical Nose Job: Injections of Restylane or Perlane smooth abnormal nose contours to create a more proportional look.
- Non-Surgical Facelift: Utilizes various injection techniques to address deep creases, fine lines, hollow cheeks, large pores, acne scars, and facial volume loss. This procedure is typically combined with Botox injections to enhance overall effects.
Neurotoxins: Definition, Differences, Benefits
Neurotoxins such as Botox®, Dysport®, Jeuveau®, and Xeomin® are a popular anti-aging therapy.
Most commonly injected into facial muscles in the forehead or around the eyes, they cause superficial facial muscles to relax, reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
Botox injections have become increasingly popular with younger patients as a preventative method to combat wrinkle formation.
Benefits of Neurotoxins
- Diminish Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Reduce Deep Facial Creases
- Prevent the Formation of Wrinkles
Popular Neurotoxin Treatments 2022
- Botox: FDA-approved in 2002 to effectively alleviate the appearance of frown lines, forehead wrinkles, and crow’s feet. Results become noticeable after seven days and last three to four months.
- Dysport: FDA-approved in 2009 to treat frown lines and larger facial areas. Although its effects appear quicker than Botox, you may require more units of Dysport due to its chemical composition. Results last up to four months.
- Xeomin: FDA-approved in 2011 to diminish the appearance of frown lines. Xeomin does not contain additives and is stored at room temperature, making the injections more tolerable than other neurotoxins. Results become noticeable within five to seven days and last up to four months.
- Jeuveau: FDA-approved in 2019 exclusively for cosmetic use, Jeuveau effectively improves moderate-to-severe frown lines between the eyebrows. Results last three to six months.
Along with the year itself, 2022 offers next-generation skin-enhancing and rejuvenation opportunities.
From chemical peels, advanced microneedling methods, laser treatments, and facials- all operate to revitalize and improve the quality and texture of the skin.
Non-invasive skin tightening procedures can eradicate moderately lax skin on the face, neck, and body.
These methods typically employ targeted energy to heat the deep layers of the skin, promoting enhanced collagen and elastin production.
Non-surgical skin tightening procedures produce a firm, smooth, youthful effect with virtually no downtime. Depending on the specific procedure, results can last a few months to years!
Popular Skin Tightening Treatments 2022
- Evolve Tite: This innovative skin-remodeling treatment uses radiofrequency energy to tighten loose, sagging skin and cellulite to enhance body shape and appearance.
- Pelleve Wrinkle Reduction: The treatment uses radiofrequency heat energy to gradually heat the deeper layers of the skin, causing collagen to contract and stimulating cell regeneration. Treatment results in visible skin tightening and wrinkle reduction.
- Microneedling RF: This treatment combines microneedling with radiofrequency waves to tighten and rejuvenate facial skin.
- BodyTite, FaceTite, and AccuTite: these contouring treatments use radiofrequency technology to tighten the skin and reduce fat in the face and body. Each device is specialized to treat and enhance collagen production in various body areas effectively.
The current desire for a natural, “I woke up like this” appearance is the driving force behind the top skin rejuvenation treatments in 2022.
Rejuvenation techniques focus on eliminating dull, damaged skin by increasing collagen production and stimulating cellular regeneration. This creates long-lasting effects that continue to improve over time.
Popular Skin Rejuvenation Treatments 2022
- Microneedling With PRP: Microneedling With PPR enhances and expedites skin rejuvenation effects of typical microneedling by applying the patient’s platelet-rich plasma to the tissue. Treatment results in smooth, healthy, glowing skin that can last up to 12 months.
- Chemical Peels and Body Chemical Peels: A resurfacing treatment using a specialized chemical solution to remove damaged layers of the skin. Chemical peels improve texture, tone, wrinkles, acne, scarring, and other skin concerns.
- Diamond Glow Microdermabrasion: this revolutionary facial technique uses Diamond Glow technology to extract, exfoliate, and infuse the skin with custom rejuvenating serums. It combines three facial methods into one comprehensive treatment to immediately deliver plumper, more radiant skin.
- Gold Tip Facial: uses 24 Karat gold plated needles to dispense a customized cocktail of skin rejuvenating serums to the outermost layers of the skin. Results can improve texture, reduce pore size, soothe inflammation, and enhance hydration.
Body contouring treatments focus on sculpting, toning, and refining the body to enhance contours and appearance. Most methods are virtually painless and require no downtime.
Advances in medical technologies have paved a new path to achieving the toned, sexy body many of us desire without surgical intervention.
Although these methods work more rapidly than diet and exercise, a healthy lifestyle helps patients prolong the effects of body contouring treatments.
Popular Body Contouring Treatments 2022
- Evolve Tone: The treatment utilizes electromagnetic energy to stimulate rapid muscle contractions and tone hard-to-reach areas with excess fat.
- Evolve Trim: Evolve Trim uses radiofrequency energy to target and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- CoolSculpting: This body contouring treatment uses fat-freezing technology to remove stubborn areas of excess fat.
- Emsculpt NEO: The following one-of-a-kind body-shaping treatment simultaneously reduces fat and sculpts muscle. Clinical studies have shown a 25% increase in muscle volume and a 30% reduction in body fat after four treatments.
Laser Hair Removal
The Alma Soprano ICE Platinum device is the latest and greatest in hair removal technology.
It features a trio clustered laser to simultaneously emit the three most potent hair removal wavelengths.
Advanced cooling technology and in-motion application methods make the treatment virtually painless.
Unlike previous technologies, this device can safely and effectively remove unwanted hair of any pigment from any skin tone in a fraction of the time.
Combining two or more treatments and technologies to achieve the desired result has become a recent fad in medical aesthetics.
Cosmetic professionals work with their patients to design customized treatment plans to accomplish individual skincare goals.
Popular Combination Therapies 2022
- Fillers and Neurotoxins
- Skin Tightening and Fat Reduction
- Skin Resurfacing and Skin Tightening
- Fillers and Skin Tightening
- Skin Rejuvenation and Fillers
The gender bias for cosmetic enhancement has become nearly obsolete in 2022 as male individuals continue to pursue quick and natural aesthetic improvement.
Plastic surgeons and medical spas offer more treatments designed explicitly for male appearance trends highlighting a natural, youthful, and relaxed look.
Top Non-Surgical Treatments for Men 2022
- Neurotoxin Injections
- Fillers to enhance masculine features
- Laser Resurfacing
- Body Contouring
- Laser Hair Removal
Skinimalism: The Simple Skin Care Routine to Maximize Skin Health
Many individuals are altering their skincare routine to favor a more simplistic approach.
The primary goal is to create a more sustainable beauty routine by
- reducing the number of skincare products
- reducing the number of active ingredients
- utilizing multitasking products
Designing a skincare routine to suit your specific goals and concerns can be challenging. Cosmetic specialists can assist you in choosing the right products to maximize your skin health.
Plastic Surgeon Recommended Skin Care Routine & Products 2022
- Sunscreen & SPF
How to Locate a Non-Surgical Aesthetic Specialist Near You
If you are considering non-surgical treatments, locating an experienced and capable provider is perhaps the most critical step.
Ensure to conduct extensive research. Many facilities claim to have a certified physician on-site, but that is not always the case.
Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to ensure that your aesthetic goals are safely achievable with non-surgical treatment.
Top Non-Surgical Medical Aesthetic Trends FAQs
What is the most popular beauty treatment in 2022?
The most popular is subjective to each individual. Studies have indicated a substantial increase in those seeking injectable treatments (Botox and Fillers), skin-enhancing or resurfacing treatments, and body contouring. The primary focus of 2022 is subtle, natural-looking results that improve skin quality.
What is the newest skin tightening procedure 2022?
Pelleve wrinkle reduction is the most recent skin tightening treatment. FDA-approved in 2016, it has exceptional safety and efficacy reviews. The radiofrequency technology heats the deepest layers of the skin to stimulate collagen production and boost anti-aging effects.
What is the most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedure?
The popularity of non-surgical procedures will continue to escalate in 2022. Studies show an increase in males and females acquiring Botox and dermal filler injections, laser resurfacing, skin rejuvenation treatments, laser hair removal, and body contouring procedures.
What’s new in medical aesthetics?
The demand for newer and more aged aesthetic trends continues to advance. Neurotoxins, fillers, body contouring, laser resurfacing, microdermabrasion, and more are in high demand. With technology continuously growing, people expect improvements in popular therapies and devices in the upcoming years.
What are the top 10 beauty treatments?
The top ten beauty treatments of 2022:
- Neurotoxins & Wrinkle Relaxers
- Dermal Fillers
- Microneedling RF
- Microneedling with PRP
- Diamond Glow Microdermabrasion
- Chemical Peels & Body Chemical Peels
- Body Contouring
- Laser Hair Removal
- Hair Restoration
What is the most profitable beauty treatment?
The most profitable beauty treatment is subjective to each individual. Revitalization treatments to improve skin quality and health offer benefits with the capability of continuous improvement to last years. This includes laser resurfacing, chemical peels (facial and body), and Microneedling with PRP.